Thursday, November 27, 2008

Opryland

Grandma and Grandpa were headed to Mississippi for Thanksgiving, so we planned an early celebration in Nashville. H had a cheer competition in the morning. Others toured Nashville or went shopping. We all enjoyed a delightful dinner at Cock of the Walk. Brian likes to remind me that the first time he took me there I was irritated. Why was he driving so far out of the way to take me to a place that only served fried chicken, fish, or shrimp? Of course it is now one of my favorite places to eat. I could make myself sick on fried dill pickles! Cousin L fell asleep before the trip to Opryland. What a crazy place it was. Who knew that the weekend before Thanksgiving the place would be wall to wall people! We all enjoyed the fabulous decorations and water show. Just our family went back during the day on Sunday to ride the boat and hunt for hidden candy canes. J was very impressed. Neither J or L had seen a Christmas tree before. The first thing we saw upon entering was a 30 foot tall tree covered in shiny red and gold decorations. My trees have always leaned towards the home spun variety with kraft paper wrappings and homemade ornaments. However, when L saw the tree, she absolutely loved it. My child who adores big ( read gaudy) jewelry was completely taken with the bejeweled tree. Believe it or not, B and I went later in the week to purchase shiny red, gold and silver ornaments. It appears I will be decoarting with a BLING theme this year. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Cousin R in his thinking pose.
My beautiful, very tall, girls!
J is searching for candy canes. Please notice the blue jeans and number shirt. Just what his Daddy always dreamed of!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: