Monday, November 17, 2008

Leaping Mice

Thursday night, I saw a mouse in the office. This was not a meek little mouse hiding in a corner. It was running across the middle of the room in full light. I HATE MICE. I always said I could handle anything in the classroom and did, until the day a mouse ran in front of me and before I knew what was happening, I was standing in the hall. So much for control. Brian never saw it, and we didn't have any traps. I added that to my list and went on.

Saturday morning, the whole crew is up by 6:15 as usual. B spent the night with a friend, and H was getting ready for cheer practice. Jack begins frantically trying to tell me something , which is the point I realize the mouse is running and jumping through the playroom. It is climbing in and out of the Little People Mayflower. H is sure she can catch it, and I am now standing on the couch holding L and calling Brian. Bless his heart, he stops what he is doing and comes home with two traps. We don't have time for traps, this mouse has now been in and out of my closet and is back in the playroom. Finally, Brian gets one of the small nets that came with the sand buckets. Hadley lifts the teeter totter and Brian drops the net down. He can't pick the net up, because it would be too small to keep the mouse down in it. So, he crawls across the living room, with the net pressed to the floor, scooting the mouse along. H is yelling the whole time, "Don't kill it, it is one of God's creatures." I open the porch door and he flings it out. Crisis averted. All before 7am

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would of reacted the exact way. But proably worse. I showed this story to the whole fam + Kasey.