Thursday, July 28, 2011

St George- Sand and Water

 

DSC01704

The first day we were there, we had awesome waves.  Brianna and Hadley are both captivated by Soul Surfer right now so they loved riding boogie boards.  I was once told I would “sissify” my kids so I work very hard at making sure they do not share their mothers assorted fears.  Go big or go home.  The funny side to this is that one side of the family finds me overly cautious and the “safety queen.”  The other finds me encouraging danger and less than watchful.  One more to the list of I can’t win.  Anyways, all 4 kids had a great time.

DSC01707

DSC01727

Lucy loves to be thrown in the air and splash back down into the water.

DSC01728

That’s some serious height.  I admit to catching my breath on a few of these.

DSC01732

Jack is becoming a fish like his sisters.  Aunt Karen suggested Hadley and Lucy may have gills.

DSC01735 DSC01753

DSC01737

DSC01761

DSC01775

DSC01773

Cousin R had major construction projects to create dams and canals.  Jack was no near as focused or organized.  Jack is more of a chase down the seagulls, eat a rice crispy treat while surfing kind of guy.  Jack carries around “little men", the assorted super heroes from his play sets of batman etc.  He insisted on burying them in the sand and then thinking Mama could just keep digging until I found them.  Brian said he was like a dog with a bone as despite my constant irritation with him for hiding the little men, he always seemed to find them.

DSC01722 DSC01769

Brianna is my nature lover.  She can spot crabs from miles away.  We had several that lived right outside the door or in this case, on the door.

DSC01763

My social butterfly (Hadley) knew every kid and family on the beach.

DSC01774

Lucy loved the beach and playing in the water, but we could not stop the eating of sand.  A lot of sand. 

DSC01787

DSC01754

Plenty of Daddy time was without a doubt the highlight of Lucy’s trip.  She is always happiest when we are all together.  Lucy reminds us what a blessing family is.  While exhausting, walking the beach with Lucy and Brianna while usually quiet Brianna talks non stop, and Lucy squeals to put her feet in the water is simply wonderful.

DSC01776

No comments: