Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mama Moments

I try really hard to never take J and L to the grocery or Walmart if I can at all help it. In the event I have to, it is imperative to take at least one big sister. However, recent events have made that impossible, so I took J and L to the mall, then to Target, and finally to Sam's. This would be a nightmare under the best of circumstances, but on we went. First L has a tsunami flood out of her diaper in Sam's so we park the cart, grab an outfit, pay for it at the check out and then go change her. We go back to the cart. L was so upset in Target that I held her and pushed the cart at the same time. She decided to throw a similar fit in Sam's, but I could not push this large cart and carry her. I also could not put the things on the checkout counter and you know how helpful Sam's employees are. She resorts to her best tactic of banging her head sharply on the cart handle. In desperation, I ask J to put his arm there while I get the heaviest items. He dutifully does, even as L begins to pinch the fire out of him. He cried, but he never moved his arm. He is an awesome brother. Then he put his sweet hands on either side of her head and turned her towards him and calmly said, "Look at me. Are you listening? We don't do that." Be still my heart.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Bless his heart!!! Those are the times you just melt.