Thursday, May 28, 2009

L's New Wheels



How very exciting!! After 3 long months of waiting, L's wheelchair finally came in and as B said "it just looks so cute!" We have so many things to be thankful for today. These same therapists and equipment people worked with L 3 months ago, and they could hardly believe the changes in her. She showed better body control, was more verbally expressive and best of all had a great attitude. Even with no nap and a lengthy drive before hand, they described her as "funny." She kept them in stitches, even when she became fascinated at being able to hang almost upside down in the seat with the seat belt holding her in place. This caused her to throw up, but even that was met with little girl giggles. L is delighted by her mobility and is already working hard to control the chair on her own. Just to make sure it was J proof, every safety/ anti tip option available was added to it. L definitely has backwards down, forwards is a little harder. My walls will never be the same again. I hope you can tell from the pictures how very small it really is. I told several people, I was sure it was ordered from the American Girl doll catalog. Don't get me wrong, we still have some rough days, but I know God is at work and only He could as Brian said " give her back her smile."
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Missy said...

Good for L! I can see a big difference in L just from the pictures. Just wait until she figures out how to run over J (if she hasn't already! ;-)

Unknown said...

No, just me and B so far. The nice man at Vandy kindly pointed out that my sandal days may be over!

missyg said...

I was wondering how little the chair was, so I am glad you pointed that out.
How exciting! Perseverence in action!

millie said...

WoW!! Lucy's face is an open book--so excited. I copied the photo to send to Bobby. We talk about Lucy a lot.
Mom