Monday, May 4, 2009

Big Red School Spring 2009



Oh how we have loved Big Red School. I can not say enough about the wonderful things that Miss Lisa and her students are doing. Every city in America should have such an innovative program. It is wonderful for J, but it is an absolute blessing for L. She has made such great strides. At the closing program, she did not sing or do the motions, but she sat in her little cube chair as part of the group without getting upset. When the parents clapped between songs, she clapped with them and smiled her ear to ear grin. She loves being bragged on! J didn't sing either, but he did at supper that night! I especially want to thank L's Miss Jennifer (the blonde reading the book). On good days and bad, she met L at the door with a smile and excitement about all the possibilities of the day. She was patient, firm and kind despite L's sometimes abusive actions. I know she is a big part of the reason L did so well. Who would have thought that the same child who couldn't even sit up in a grocery cart a year ago would be working on getting in and out of a cube chair on her own. We love people that love our children and I adore those who find ways to open doors. Thank You!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these pictures!

Maria said...

Cathy,
I just read your past three blog posts--I had no idea you were going through such difficult times--I am praying for you guys! You are right in the center of God's will--I am praying for joy amidst the difficulties.