Thursday, December 18, 2008

Worst Kids Gifts

B and H do not have college funds of the usual variety. Instead, they own cattle. They have their own little partnership where they feed some cattle in the west. They picked out the checks, but of course Daddy does all the management and the girls really don't know much else about it.

Yesterday, Nana, delivers two big boxes from the company the girls feed cattle with. The girls are beyond excited. This close to Christmas and a big box with just their names on it has arrived. "Can we open it?" They are pushing to see who will carry it in. H takes it to her room. We have to call repeatedly to get it brought back downstairs. Finally, Daddy gets it open. Hello 6 pound smoked beef brisket. Not the first choice of my almost vegetarian children. Welcome to the beef industry baby girls!

4 comments:

Missy said...

I can imagine the looks on their faces. Poor girls!

Amy said...

That's Hunter's idea of a dream. He doesn't understand why we can't have those "round" steaks (filets) every night. I am sure he would enjoy a little beef brisket under the tree :-) I hope the girls' cattle are fairing better than the boys' college funds. Maybe we should let Brian manage our college investments!

Unknown said...

This Brian using Cathy's account.

Thank you to all of those who comment. I really enjoy reading the comments.

Also, please do not let this post take away from the generosity of Cattle Empire. Thank you Cattle Empire. I will be happy to consume the beef brisket.

Amy White said...

Cathy,
I so enjoyed reading your most recent blogs. They have made me miss you that much more. I am so happy for you and the life you get to lead.
Love,
Amy (Wren) White