Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Where’s Ms. Whittamore When You Need Her?

 

DSC01958

One of our public school casualties has been field trips.  No one teaches Kentucky History like Ms. W but I did my best to fill the gaps.  We took one day of fall break to visit Fort Harrod and Shaker Village.  Jack loved it and his older sisters tolerated yet another teachable moment.

DSC01960

DSC01961

Despite some bad attitudes, we still let everyone have a chance at throwing a small ax.  I hoped there were too many witnesses for Brianna to be truly dangerous.

DSC01966

DSC01967

Jack’s version of this activity was a little like a good fisherman’s tale.  However, reality is- choose Brianna if you are under attack.

DSC01969

My favorite sight.  Made me very thankful for my double ovens and large capacity washer!

DSC01970

DSC01973

We picnicked under this wonderful tree.  It just screamed to be climbed, but Brian had to stand on a table and lift Hadley down from her highest perch.

DSC01974

self portrait

DSC01976

DSC01977

All the learning exhausted Hadley.

DSC01978

So glad we purchased a jogging stroller for less than wheelchair friendly outings!

DSC01981

I learned my lesson this fall break.  We have big plans for spring break so I thought we should stay home for fall.  I seriously underestimated the emotional fall out from kids and Mama alike when it seemed that EVERYONE we knew was traveling somewhere great.  Of course I spent 36 hours of the break laying in the bathroom floor, but I’m sure a bathroom floor at the beach would have seemed better!  Stay tuned for next year’s plans.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Cathy you have to remember to get in the picture of your family too!!!