Friday, September 30, 2011

White Chili Nachos

Gotta love any recipe that is mostly opening cans and turning on the crockpot.


 1 lb ground turkey
  1 chopped onion
1 package dry taco seasoning
2 cans white beans drained and rinsed
1 can corn (avoid the super sweet)
1 large can petite diced tomatoes
1 can chopped green chilies
chicken broth till it looks right (sorry this is not a better measure- I struggle with cooking measurements)

brown the ground turkey and onions together.  Add the taco seasoning and a little butter and water. (I know- measure!!)  Put the meat and onion mixture in the crockpot and add other ingredients.  Vary chicken broth based on desired outcome.  More for a true soup, less to serve over nacho chips.  salt to taste.  Allow to cook on low for several hours to break down beans a little and blend the tastes.  Serve with cheese and sour cream.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Looks great! I wish Mark could eat it without having an acid attack, but I may just have to make a small batch and eat it myself. It can join marinara sauce on my list of guilty lunch pleasures.