Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Play Ball!

DSC01481
Brian has made the move from softball to baseball and last night was the beginning of what we hope will be long careers for father and son at Youth Inc. Baseball!  This is Jack’s game face.  I am confident I have the too cutest boys on the field. High points of the game included Jack holding down his own team mate with me yelling from the stands to “LET GO”  “Okay Mama!!”  And, Jack making the final catch of the game and instead of throwing the ball home, dutifully touching all the bases in order before taking the ball home.  He was so proud.
DSC01483
I guess Hadley needed to pitch.  Jack slams the ball back at her head, but against the high school asst coach/ Eli’s dad,  he batted butterflies.
DSC01487
Yes, there are more coaches on the field than kids!  The best quote in the stands was from a grandfather to his daughter "They do realize there have already been 3 outs?"  No,the kids don't but I'm sure a few parents kept up.  Really, I don't have a clue.  I just loved opening day. Aren't these the moments we dreamed of??

1 comment:

Robin said...

So proud of the two boys.